Friday, November 8, 2013

Photo Story Friday


I am the luckiest girl in the world. I get to race that beautiful machine you see in the picture above. What a weird hobby for a girl, right? Ever since I reached middle school, I became obsessed with cars. My top three at that point were the Chevy Corvette, Chevy Camaro, and Mazda Miata. What a selection, lol. I'm not ashamed to admit I was born with a lead foot and am addicted to the adrenaline rush when I'm straddling the line of control and insanity.

My obsession with the Chevrolet Corvette probably partially contributed to my dad's decision to buy one. (It was either that or the BMW M3. BMWs are a story for another day.) It's all I would talk about for a few years as I was growing up. I even made a quiz for some of my friends and family to take about facts of this car's history. I was (am?) a little crazy, but I'm not ashamed.

The feeling of pure power controlled simply by twitches of my toes is incredible. The fear of hurdling toward trees at 130 miles per hour and knowing I will be in perfect control of the situation in a few hundred yards is empowering. Racing is addicting. Please don't take any of this is as me bragging -- it is simply a part of my life that I am extremely passionate about and thankful for. I'm currently saving most of my money (after bills of course) to buy this car 5 or 10 years down the road.

I took this picture at a smaller event, where I wasn't going near 130 miles per hour (only 80ish). It was during a phase where I was feeling filled with creativity again, which I had lost for a while. I used to love taking pictures and capturing beauty in everyday things. On this day, I felt inspired to capture the appeal of this car in an angled shot. It is a 2008 Chevrolet Corvette with an optional suspension package. This photo marks the beginning of a new creative phase in my life, where I'll be going full speed ahead, living with intention.

You might have noticed my blog title mentions the day of the week. I want to start trying to do weekly posts, with each day focusing on a different thing. I am excited to reveal the rest of the ideas to you as they are posted :) I don't plan on strictly posting on these topics each day, each week, but they'll give me something to write about if nothing exciting is happening. Let me know if there are any particular subjects you'd be interested in seeing blogs about!

No comments:

Post a Comment