Thursday, January 16, 2014

Healthy Habits are Hard!

Let's face it: It's hard to get off your butt and get exercising! I have so many ideas about what I'd like to do, but I haven't yet taken action on any of those ideas.

One of the primary things my fiance and I want to get into is riding our bikes. Here in Florida, the weather is pretty wacky, so that is always an excuse. It's either raining, too hot, or too cold. On the perfect days (when we aren't working), we do try to get out and ride.

Our bikes are locked up in our shed, so this will have to do.

Our ultimate goal is to start riding our bikes before work. My fiance wants to ride three times a week (!!!) but we are going to start with just one. I'm sure it won't be too hard once we get started. One of the most difficult parts for me is going to be getting up early.

What I'm going to try to do to overcome that tough part is envision the results. I do the same thing at work. Have a picture in a convenient place of what you are working toward. You know you will be so much happier and proud of yourself when you reach that goal. You don't want to let yourself down, do you?

What are the biggest obstacles for you when it comes to exercise? How do you plan to overcome them?

7 comments:

  1. You're right on target about the weather! I AM FREEZING TODAY!! No exercise for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy habits can be hard to form but I wish you luck since this seems like a really great one especially since you have your fiance to do it with you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for getting out and moving, Rachel! While I don't live in Florida, I feel you on the weather always being weird. (I've lived in lots of states, and Louisiana was the one I found it easiest to blame the weather to not exercise... though it's pretty easy to do that in Texas when it starts getting so warm outside.)

    My biggest challenge in getting out to exercise is me. I work from home, so my schedule is relatively flexible, but if I don't wake up early enough, I feel like I don't have enough time during the rest of the day to do all the things that need to be done. This year, I'm trying to go to bed earlier so I can rise earlier and get moving early, especially since I'm currently in training for a full marathon that's happening in April!

    I think it's great that you and your fiance are going to do this together. What a fun activity to do, and I think your goal of 3x weekly sounds wonderful and totally do-able!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement Erin! That is impressive that you are training for a marathon :) It sounds like you're taking the steps you need to by going to bed earlier! I am also working on getting a regular bedtime, but it's hard. Good luck in your race!

      Delete
  4. Get it Rachel! You've got this!!!!! :) I'm cheering from Texas!

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete