Monday, March 3, 2014

Semi-Practical Splurges

Do you have certain things you like to splurge on here and there? Really, who am I kidding? Of course everyone has something they like to spend a little extra on sometimes!

Sometimes those special splurges are really pretty ordinary. Sure, it's typical to splurge on makeup or purses, but I'm talking about semi-practical splurges. Things that you do actually need, but you might not need the fanciest version.

One of my fun things that I am always tempted to spend a little extra on is - believe it or not - soap!


When I saw this ad in the coupon inserts of the Sunday paper, I was immediately drawn to it. Wild basil and lime, orchid petals and mint water, peony and plum. Who wouldn't want those scents? Not to mention, the bottles are sleek and stylish. 

This might be a weird thing to spend a little extra on, but I love nice-smelling soap, and it feels luxurious when it is dispensed from a pretty bottle. Usually I just buy a bottle of soap and then buy a big bottle of refill soap and keep using the same old bottle.

But I think it might be time to change up my bottle and get something a little special. Yes, it is just soap, but it is soap that makes me feel a little fancier - and who doesn't want that? I even have a coupon, so I definitely plan on purchasing some of this soon!

What are some of your semi-practical splurges? 

8 comments:

  1. I always tend to splurge a little bit on my blog! I will splurge on stuff like Passionfruit Ads and my domain name--not really all that practical, but if I want my blog to grow I know these are things that I should do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is a good thing to splurge on! It can be fun having a creative outlet and really personalizing it to make it your own!

      Delete
  2. I don't know if it counts but I have to buy Febreeze brand air freshener for my car. My car is new to me and I just want it to be fresh...but I could buy a 99 cent thing or I could spend $5 for Febreeze and I always do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Febreeze is a miracle worker! Totally understandable to splurge on that!

      Delete
  3. Ooo I love this! I think it's healthy to spend money on good soap :) I always want to splurge when I buy mugs! There are so many cute ones!! :) Thank you for sharing :)

    http://neatly-packaged.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mugs are great, especially when you drink coffee a lot! There really are so many awesome ones :)

      Delete
  4. For me it's definitely things that are coffee/beverage related. I buy the most expensive creamers because they are just so incredibly good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love delicious creamers too! They just make the coffee so much better.

      Delete